Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Connections in the Real World

When I begin to "put things together," I notice I see connections everywhere. Did I always do that or is this just part of being in edtech, and now in a Master's program, where new ideas abound?

Today, I opened an email from Tech and Learning, and clicked on a link that came from a discussion on the digital divide. It was referencing an event, hosted at the Clinton Global Institute (CGI), regarding the future of education. Being a curious person, I couldn't help following the link to see their perspective on education's future. I didn't actually find the event, stopping instead (I have no idea why I did that...) on "Membership." On this page, there was a description of the model they use for their actions: http://www.clintonglobalinitiative.org/membership/default.asp?Section=Membership&PageTitle=Membership

Eureka! They described Connectivism! A huge "Aha!" moment as I read about their pipe, how information flows through and new ideas are plumbed from partnerships. Amazing stuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment